Saturday, January 22, 2005

Non ce la faccio

Today is one of these days, when I lose my courage and energy to fight and to go forward. Spent half of evening on internet filling in my CV in various job search websites, but... what the result will be? So far it's nothing. And with every day my hope to find some work for me is becoming smaller and smaller. You think I'm being pesimistic? I would say - realistic.

In Lithuanian we have a saying "Geriau zvirblis rankoje negu briedis miske" which means something like "It's better a sparrow in a hand than an elk in a forest" (I'm sure in English there's a similar proverb). Usually I try to grab that sparrow and this week, probably the first time in my life, I had to reject it in the name for "better opportunity in the future". Maybe that's why I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Ah?

Dinner time.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger renatela said...

Thanks for English equivalent for my proverb. Yes, I also like the last one. Searching for my own nest...
I know what you mean by using existing direct contacts. I remember I read about that in the book "What Color Is Your Parachute?":) The problem is that in this case I don't have many contacts and those which I have.. well, I am experiencing some difficulties. Probably just can't ask people to help me. All my life trying to do all by myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home