Friday, January 21, 2005

Shi mian mai fu (2004)

Film
Tonight we went to see "La foresta dei pugnali volanti" (English title "House of Flying Daggers"), the new movie of famous Yimou Zhang film director, known by movies "Hero" and others.

Well, what can I say. I knew what to expect from Chinese movie. Of course they there fighting while flying in the woods, jumping up to the sky, moving like in "Matrix", but that's how we expect Chinese movie to be, no? One thing what took me by surprise was how fast the story evolved. I got an impression that the plot is a bit confusing and in order to make it shorter film director 'jumped over' some parts of the story. That's what seemed to me. And it's more like a film about impossible love than about martial arts. Who says that's bad?:) Anyway, film ends in death. And with lots of snow. I was wondering, what kind of snow was that / seemed like a wet heavy snow...

By the way, I've been to cinemas in the UK, the USA, Finland, Lithuania, but only here in Italy they interrupt the movie to make a some minutes break. Strange. Of course, when you have 3 hours movie, it's better to have some break to go to WC, but in other cases...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home